JOB POSTING: Graphic Designer (Full Time)
Jan. 27, 2020
Murray Paterson Marketing Group (MPMG) is an award-winning agency of highly skilled, forward-thinking professionals with a passion for marketing the arts + creative industries. We are a collective of bright minds who thrive on turning insights into opportunities and ideas into audience engagement.
With offices in Vancouver + Toronto, MPMG provides innovative marketing + communications services for cultural institutions including the Museum of Anthropology, PuSh Festival, Opera Atelier, Bard on the Beach, TO Live (formerly Sony Centre), Show One Productions, Eastside Culture Crawl, and many more.
MPMG has been recognized by Business in Vancouver as one of BC’s top agencies (2015 to 2019); by the Georgia Straight as a three-time ‘Best of Vancouver’ winner; and is the recipient of a BC American Marketing Association Marketing Excellence Award for Nonprofit Marketing and a Western Canadian Marketing and PR Award for Best Use of Digital Ads.
MPMG seeks a well-practiced Graphic Designer to join our team with limitless passion for creating engaging and on-brand graphics. In addition to breathing visual life into each piece of design output, the winning candidate will take personal responsibility for understanding the design brief, collaborating where appropriate, requesting and managing internal and external feedback, and maintaining a high level of professionalism in conduct and output.
Designers looking for a paint-by-numbers position should look elsewhere – MPMG believes in the power of creative risk-taking and will prioritize applications from designers whose portfolio demonstrates artistic spirit. As a nationwide arts-centric marketing agency, MPMG offers the winning candidate an opportunity to collaborate with some of Canada’s most inspiring, engaging, and adventurous artists and arts organizations.
– Work simultaneously on 6+ projects based on current agency workload
– Responsible for monitoring and meeting various design deadlines without compromising quality of output or deliverables
– Collaborate, brainstorm, and strategize with multiple teams or clients for a wide range of materials that may include web pages, presentations, reports, programme collateral, posters, brochures, signage, internal communication, newsletters, social content, and marketing materials
– Work within each client-project’s respective brand identity to translate overarching strategic direction into high quality design assets
– Organize and take responsibility for maintaining internal databases of designs, photography, and video
– Synthesize disparate elements of a design created by third-party designers such as icons, photographs, and other components
– Represent MPMG in a professional and confident manner in creative communications, internally and externally
– Take initiative to contribute new design ideas for MPMG content, while also supporting the pre-established MPMG brand and aesthetic
– Bachelor’s Degree in Design, Communications, or a related discipline
– Extensive experience with entire Adobe Suite
– Strong understanding of current web-design technologies and how to leverage them
– 2+ years in professional commercial design, preferably with a marketing or creative agency with a strong portfolio of illustrations and other graphics
– Experience designing assets for a WordPress environment
– Adaptive design eye and skill
– Excellent organizational skills and/or project management experience
– Excellent verbal and written communication skills
– Ability to ask for and apply constructive criticism from peers and clients
– Motivated self-starter, pays attention to detail
– Ability to multi-task and meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
– Strong team player
– Passion and experience with the performing arts is highly valued
– Photography experience is an asset
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send a one-page cover letter, resume, and a single jpeg document showcasing up to four relevant pieces of work from your design portfolio, alongside a link to your entire portfolio to: firstname.lastname@example.org no later than January 27, 2020. All applications will be kept in confidence.
No telephone calls, please. We thank all who express an interest in this role; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
$40,000 to $44,000 annually based on experience.