Job Posting: Senior Communications Coordinator/ Executive Assistant to Laura MurrayLMPR is looking to add a highly-skilled, big-thinking, arts-loving Senior Communications Coordinator/Executive Assistant to our team! If you have a passion for publicity, client relations, and the arts, please check out our posting below:
Laura Murray Public Relations (LMPR) is a group of highly skilled, forward-thinking professionals with a passion for marketing the arts and creative industries. The company was founded in 2011 to provide artistic, cultural, and creative organizations with a single contact and unified approach to marketing and communications.
Our full range of services include public + media relations, marketing + advertising, promotions, social media + online marketing, graphic + web design, copywriting + grant writing, arts consulting, and audience development.
Based out of Vancouver, LMPR delivers a variety of innovative marketing and communications solutions for clients, including Canada’s Royal Winnipeg Ballet, The Chan Centre for the Performing Arts, Eastside Culture Crawl, Bard on the Beach, Theatre Under the Stars, Vancouver Opera, The Museum of Anthropology, and Vancouver Bach Choir, among others.
LMPR is seeking a passionate and experienced Senior Communications Coordinator/Executive Assistant to join our growing team of specialists. This position will see the successful candidate working with and reporting to the company Principal. The candidate will be required to assume responsibility for a wide range of marketing and public relations tasks, as well as administrative duties in support of the Principal’s workload.
This is a demanding role that will require a highly efficient, tactful individual with superior communications skills who can prioritize and help manage and support the Principal’s desk. The candidate must be detail-oriented, proactive, and be able to work independently in a fast-paced environment, while managing confidential information.
This position will also assist in the daily management of accounts for a wide variety of arts organizations across the country, fostering strong relationships built on trust with clients and internal teams. The candidate will provide consistent high level client relations to raise organizational profiles, increase ticket sales, and achieve client goals by providing efficient, strategic marketing services.
This is a full time salaried position. Occasional evening and weekend hours required.
- Oversee all stages of project planning and execution, on behalf of, and alongside, the company Principal to ensure the highest level of quality is always met
- Represent LMPR, and the company Principal, in a professional and confident manner in both written and verbal communications, internally and externally
- Tactically and effectively manage the overall workload of the Principal’s desk, including calendar and email management with minimal direction
- Identify the Principal’s needs as a primary focus, and proactively drive business opportunities for clients and LMPR
- Prepare and/or coordinate proposals, presentations, client correspondence and reporting
- Develop, implement, and oversee multiple high-level media relations strategies for LMPR clientele
- Identify various story leads within each campaign and craft accompanying pitches for individual journalists
- Write communications copy, including press releases, show descriptions, and correspondence
- Secure interviews, reviews, and coverage for clients across a wide variety of outlets
- Build strong relationships with internal and external clients, and provide strategic guidance and direction
- Establish innovative cross-promotions and partnerships with local businesses and arts organizations to connect clients with audiences in unique, unexpected ways
- Utilize a variety of social media and online tools to amplify the reach of client coverage
- Demonstrate the ability to analyze issues and innovatively solve complex problems independently
- Provide leadership support to LMPR team members, as assigned
- Maintain a close working relationship with the LMPR team
- Demonstrate the ability to effectively coordinate and use company resources
- Minimum 3-5 years of recent experience working in a marketing and/or communications role or related environment
- Business acumen achieved through previous experience in a fast-paced, professional communications services environment
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, marketing, communications, arts management, or a related field of study
- Excellent organizational skills and solid project management experience
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Familiarity and comfort with software and online tools, including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Hootsuite, YouTube, and Photoshop
- Ability to multi-task and meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Strong team player
- Passion and experience with the performing arts is highly valued
- Access to a vehicle is an asset
Please send resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org no later than December 5, 2014. All applications will be kept in confidence.
No telephone calls or faxed applications, please. We thank all who express interest in this position; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.